CUET-PG Life Sciences, Microbiology, Biotech, Biochem, Botany and Zoology : syllabus
- 1. PART-A will consist of 25 objective questions (MCQs) and will include English, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude and Analytical Skills.
2. PART-B will consist of 75 objective questions (MCQs) from the following syllabus:
- Techniques: Principles and applications of chromatography, spectroscopy, microscopy, electrophoresis, centrifugation, blotting, PCR & radioisotope techniques.
- Chromatin structure and function: Organization of chromosomes in prokaryotes and eukaryotes, chromatin types, centromere, Telomere and concept of gene.
- Biochemistry: Structure and functions of proteins, DNA, carbohydrates, lipids & vitamins. Bioenergetics, Glycolysis, TCA cycle, Electron Transport System and ATP synthesis, oxidation and synthesis of fatty acid, membrane structure and function.
- Biotechnology: Recombinant DNA technology, principles of gene cloning, applications of biotechnology in medicine, industry and agriculture, animal & plant cell culture, environmental biotechnology.
- Microbiology: Diversity of microbes, bacterial reproduction, antimicrobial agents, significance of microbes in the industry and agriculture, antigen, antibody, complement systems, immunity, vaccines, plant virus, animal virus and environmental microbiology.
- Molecular Genetics: Principles of inheritance, linkage & crossing over, chromosomal aberrations, extrachromosomal inheritance, replication, transcription, translation, DNA repair and population genetics.
- Plant Sciences: Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, Angiosperms, Vascular system in plants, Economic important of plants, Photosynthesis, Photoperiodism, Vernalization, and Biogeochemical cycle.
- Animal Sciences: Characteristics of invertebrates and vertebrates, anatomy and physiology of different system of humans, nerve impulse transmission, endocrinology, human diseases Apoptosis and cancer, inherited diseases, animal cell culture.